Welcome to RAYS Basketball!
It is the mission of Ruskin Area Youth Sports to provide a healthy sports environment for children and young adults in the South Shore area. Our goal is to promote a safe, fun, educational and team oriented approach to the game of basketball. Our coaching staff provides your child with lessons in respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship and leadership.
RAYS believes strongly in six basic philosophies:
- Everyone Plays – Each child on a team plays at least one-half of each game.
- Balanced Teams – Children enjoy playing more and learn more from the game when teams are as closely matched as possible.
- Positive Coaching – Building self-esteem through positive instruction and encouragement.
- Skill Development – Encouraging confidence through skill training.
- Character Growth – Teaching respect, responsibility, honesty and integrity while focusing on the team’s mission and purpose.
- Good Sportsmanship – Teaching, encouraging and modeling honesty and integrity by following the rules, spirit and etiquette of athletic competition.
Notice: All further registrations will now be put on a waitlist.
November 1st – January 20th: $125
Including the team t-shirt*
January 21st – February 9th: $150
Family Discount: First two players pay full price, every player afterwards will pay $65 each.
Previous Registration Discount: If a player registered for fall soccer, they with receive a $50 discount.
Below are the links to each age devision’s schedule! This includes the team name, the coach, practice dates and times, the game schedule, no-game breaks, and tournament dates. Just click the links and view the schedules!